DI Klaus Schneeberger PhD
Geography & Civil Engineering
Klaus Schneeberger has several years of professional experience in the analysis of flood risk, hydrological modeling, the study of the causes of climate change and the assessment of climate risks. In addition, he heads the working group alpS Research.. His projects are realized at local, regional as well as international level.
- Management Board
- Head of area Water & Climate
- Head of alpS Research
What and where...
- HiFlow-CMA - Re-evaluation of the flood risk under future climate and land use changes in Vorarlberg
- HoPI - flood forecast for the Tyrolean Inn
- Climate Risk and Vulnerability Assessment for the Lunyangwa Dam catchment (Malawi)
- Runoff investigations for the catchment area of the Tuxbach
- InsuRE - Flood risk analysis for insurance companies and adaptation measures
- HydroGeM3 - Hydrological scenarios in the Austrian Alps for the next century using a statistical weather generator and enhanced process understanding for modeling of snow and glacier melt for improved water resources management
- Flood damage analysis Upper Austria
Schneeberger K, Rössler O, Weingartner R (2018): Spatial patterns of frequent floods in Switzerland. Hydrological Science Journal. doi: 10.1080/02626667.2018.1450505.
Schneeberger K, Steinberger T (2018): Generation of spatially heterogeneous flood events in an Alpine region - Adaptation and application of a multivariate modelling procedure. Hydrology 5 (5). doi: 10.3390/hydrology5010005.
Winter B, Schneeberger K, Huttenlau M, Stötter J (2018): Sources of uncertainty in a probabilistic flood risk model. Natural Hazards 91, 431-446, 295-310. doi: 10.1007/s11069-017-3135-5.
Schneeberger K, Huttenlau M, Winter B, Steinberger T, Achleitner S, Stötter J (2017): A Probabilistic Framework for Risk Analysis of Widespread Flood Events: A Proof-of-Concept Study. Risk Analysis. doi: 10.1111/risa.12863.
Wijngaard R, Helfricht K, Schneeberger K, Huttenlau M, Bierkens M (2016): Hydrologic response of the Ötztal glacierized catchments to future climate change. Hydrological Research 47/5, 979-995. doi: 10.2166/nh.2015.093.
Schneeberger K, Huttenlau M, Stötter J. (2015): Probabilistisches Modell zur Analyse des räumlich differenzierten Hochwasserrisikos – Probabilistic Model for the Analysis of the Spatial Heterogeneous Flood Risk. Hydrologie und Wasserbewirtschaftung 59 (5), 271-277. doi: 10.5675/HyWa_2015,5_8
Schneeberger K, Dobler C, Huttenlau M, Stötter J. (2015): Assessing climate change impacts on the seasonality of runoff in an Alpine watershed. Journal of Water and Climate Change 6 (2), 263-277. doi: 10.2166/wcc.2014.106